Friday, May 29, 2020

Suffering of Humankind is for Participating in God's Sorrow, May 29, 2020


Reflection of Dr. C. S. Yong's Morning Devotion
Message: Suffering of Humankind is for Participating in God's Sorrow
May 29, 2020 by Rafael Ablong

Dr. Yong’s message today about "Suffering of Humankind is for Participating in God's Sorrow" made me remember and repent of the many times I have broken the heart of God. I think I am still so insensitive and immature in my response to God’s Will even when I know of the pain and sorrows that He had to suffer for many thousands of years even up until now. I am very, very sorry, Heavenly Parents and True Parents for my sins, and arrogance before you.

1. This message reminded me of how God took care of me and love me even when I cannot show the right love and respect to the people around me especially vertically, from my parents, grandparents in my family;  my direct elders, and leaders of the church.

2. The reason why we repeat the same mistakes and problems again and again? It is because I do not participate and apply God’s sorrow in my daily life. When I fail to apply God's love, His sorrows, His Situation, and His Will in my daily life, I commit mistakes and sin easily. I need to apply my feeling and understanding of God’s sorrowful heart in my daily life and relationship with people and things.

3. Without participating in God’s sorrow, I cannot liberate God’s painful heart. We cannot solve our sorrowful sins, the sorrowful state of things, lingering problems of immorality, and pernicious mistakes in life. I cannot stop this vicious and persistent cycle of sin, suffering, and agony if I do not inherit the sorrowful heart of God.

4. We can easily succeed if we have love and respect. Internally, we love the people and externally we show our respect. We need to respect each other as children of God. We should not be concerned with our position or status in the family or society when dealing with each other. Respect is about actively listening to anyone regardless of position, the color of skin, political or religious affiliation, and all humanistic limitations. It does not matter whether the person is younger or junior to me, I need to truly show my love and respect for him.

5. We need to humble ourselves and try our best to completely understand the heart of God. When we understand God's heart and His situation we will never sin. Even when we think of how God has carried the cross of suffering and difficulties, we can never give up on Him. When we know the God of sorrow and understand his tears and pains as our Heavenly Parents, we cannot give up our human desire to be one with God. If we cannot discover who God is and how he has lived his life with a broken heart for many thousands of years, we will not be able to truly go back to God's bosom. We need to think about this point well especially when we are in the midst of danger,  hunger, and persecution.

6. Lecturing is giving life from the Heart, we need to understand God's sorrow. We need to convey God's sorrowful heart. Our life becomes meaningless if we are disconnected to the love of God. We can see God's tears anywhere. For this, we should willingly bear God's sorrows and tears of suffering. His tears can fill any river, lake, or ocean. We should go beyond our teaching ability, by teaching from the heart.

7. If we know God’s sorrowful heart, we will never commit sin and will never give our way of living for the sake of others, to work for the love and happiness of God. Knowing this, I need to take every hardship and difficulty as opportunities to participate in the sorrow of God so I can liberate His painful heart and sorrowful existence.

Thank you, Dr. Yong, for this very deep message. With thanks and gratitude, I sincerely appreciate you for doing this continuously and unconditionally for all of us.  May you have a great and wonderful day.

--Raffy Ablong

No comments:

Post a Comment